Rosecrans Corridor Mobility Study
The Rosecrans Corridor Mobility Study is a nine month project that aims to identify transportation improvements within the project study area. The goal of the project is to develop a plan that improves pedestrian access, bicycle facilities and accessibility, transit operations and facilities and traffic flow. During the project, an extensive evaluation of existing and forecast future operating conditions will be conducted for intersections and roadway segments between Taylor Street and Kellogg Street.
As this corridor is diverse in pedestrian activity, traffic patterns and community character, the corridor has been broken into four distinct zones:
- Area 1 (Midway) - Old Town Transit Station to Lytton Street
- Area 2 (NTC-Peninsula) - Lytton Street to Nimitz Boulevard
- Area 3 (Peninsula North) - Nimitz Boulevard to Cañon Street
- Area 4 (Peninsula South) - Cañon Street to Kellogg Street
By breaking the corridor down, the community and project team can focus on the specific issues within that area. As the project progresses, the concepts developed for each area will be blended to create a comprehensive plan for improving access and mobility along the entire corridor.
Throughout the project duration, the community will have numerous opportunities to get involved to share their local insight, concerns and ideas. Three community outreach meetings are scheduled over a six-month period:
- Kick-off Meeting (July 2009) - At this meeting, we will discuss the community concerns and ideas for the corridor. Through community workshops , we will brainstorm opportunities to improve mobility along Rosecrans Avenue.
- Walk Audits (July/August 2009) - In addition to the three workshops, a series of walking tours will be conducted where participants will share their thoughts about pedestrian, bicycle and transit accessibility in the study area. These walk audits will be conducted in early July.
- Design Workshop (September 2009) - At this meeting, the team will present potential concepts that address concerns raised during the kickoff meeting. Participants will be given the opportunity to help shape the potential improvements for Rosecrans Avenue.
- Open House (November 2009) - At this community Open House, attendees will be able to learn about the details of the Preliminary Recommended Alternative and ask questions of the project team. Feel free to stop by at anytime between 6 and 8 p.m.
Community Open House
Thursday, Nov. 12, from 6 to 8 p.m.
NTC Promenade Event Center
2875 Dewey, San Diego, CA 92106
View the Community Open House Flyer
The project team will also meet monthly with community leaders to gain input and discuss the project process. This website will keep the community and the project team up to date on upcoming activities.