A Message from the Director
Welcome! It is our honor to serve San Diegans and to be a part of the City of San Diego’s award-winning Performance & Analytics Department. Our team is here to empower City employees, elected officials, and you through increased transparency, efficiency, and accountability in City operations.
We are responsible for the following programs to improve operations, empower employees, and demonstrate to our residents that local government can deliver excellence in public service:
- 311 Customer Experience. We are building an integrated and enhanced citywide platform for resident access to City services and information via the Web, mobile application, and telephone. Try the new Get It Done app and review the 311 Roadmap to learn more about our approach to improving customer service at the City.
- Citywide Engagement. This program oversees citywide engagement strategies and programs, including our Resident Satisfaction Survey, Employee Satisfaction Survey, and working with City departments to ensure that feedback loops exist at all customer touch points.
- Data & Analytics. The City's data & analytics program places data that the City collects into your hands. An online portal launched in July 2016 is your access point. More datasets will be made available in the coming months, and users can sign up to receive updates when new data become available.
- Operational Excellence. The OpEx program is responsible for applying process improvement techniques and strategies, such as Lean Six Sigma, to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the City's service delivery practices and management structures. Read about our recent projects.
- Performance Management. This program is responsible for strategic planning and performance monitoring efforts citywide in conjunction with the budget decision-making process to optimize City operations, increase transparency, and make sound business decisions. The City's Strategic Plan contains measurable goals to keep the City accountable. An online dashboard shows the City's progress in achieving goals and objectives.
All of these programs further improve and expand the delivery of City services and, ultimately, increase your quality of life as San Diegans.