University Community Plan Update
The City of San Diego is updating the University Community Plan, adopted in 1987. The updated Community Plan will consider current conditions, Citywide goals in the Climate Action Plan and the General Plan, and community specific goals to provide direction for the long-term development of the community. The University Community Plan Update will be a collaborative process with ongoing opportunities for public input. During the update process, Planning Department staff will work with the University community and the public to identify and consider important questions, issues, and opportunities including:
- What opportunities exist to reinforce the community's role as a major employment center?
- How can the community's future be planned to capitalize on the transit improvements coming to University?
- How can we provide a variety of housing options within the community?
- What strategies will facilitate meeting long-term Climate Action Plan goals for reducing greenhouse gas emissions?
- How can connections between key desitnations be enhanced throughout the community?
- What opportunities exist to foster a place to live, work, and play?
The process to develop the University Community Plan Update will be collaborative and include a number of opportunities for public input. The City will form and meet on a regular basis with the University Community Planning Group’s Community Plan Update Subcommittee, public workshops will be conducted, and opportunities to share your input online will be available at key milestones in the planning process. The result of this process will be a new draft Community Plan for University. An Environmental Impact Report will also be prepared to assess the potential environmental impacts of implementing the plan, along with necessary mitigation measures.
University Community Plan Update Subcommittee (CPUS)
The University Community Plan Update Subcommittee is a subcommittee of the University Community Planning Group, which is the City's recognized citizens' group for the University Community. This subcommittee was created specifically for the Community Plan Update in order to provide feedback to the City regarding the process.
Refer to the Community Plan Update Subcommittee page for more information on CPUS meetings and materials.
Your input is essential to develop a plan that is responsive to your needs. Comments and feedback are welcome at any time. Please share with us here.
Plan Documents & Materials
Check here for content related to the plan update!
- University Community Atlas
- University Community Plan Update Brochure
- University Open House Event Flyer
- UCPG University Community Plan Update Presentation 09.11.18
Dan Monroe, Senior Planner
Email: [email protected]