The goals of the City's Mobility Management programs are to reduce traffic congestion and enhance mobility. The Mobility Management programs further implement polices contained in the draft Mobility Element of the City's General Plan to maintain, manage, and improve the transportation system in the City. These polices include expanding travel options, improving personal mobility, reducing the number of commute trips during peak congestion periods, and increasing the efficiency and reliability of our transportation system.
The City's Mobility Management programs directly support the Regional Transportation Plan and the Regional Comprehensive Plan's strategy to promote smarter, more sustainable growth. The City coordinates and works in conjunction with the region's planning agency, the San Diego Association of Governments, to promote and implement the City's and the region's mobility strategies.
Mobility Management Programs
- Affordable Housing Parking Study
- Airport Mobility and Land Use Compatibility Planning
- Bicycle Mobility Planning
- Bicycle Master Plan
- General Plan Draft Mobility Element
- Intelligent Transportation System (ITS)
- Parking Resources Management
- Pedestrian Mobility Planning
- Special Mobility Plans & Projects
- Transportation Demand Management (TDM)