Protecting Against and Avoiding Terrorism
- Before you leave, go to the U.S. Department of State website and check Travel Alerts and Travel Warnings.
- Avoid large chain hotels or ones near U.S. embassies or consulates. Choose small hotels in quiet neighborhoods.
- Visit major attractions at less-busy hours.
- Avoid restaurants and clubs frequented by Americans.
- Don't wear clothes that advertise your nationality.
- Register with the nearest American embassy or consulate so you can be contacted in the event of a crisis or emergency.