Children's Room Reference
- The Children's Literature Web Guide
An outstanding collection of children's literature resources which includes: Movies and Television Based on Children's Books, Best Books Lists, Information about Authors and their Books, Children's Booksellers, Online Children's Stories, Books and Reviews Online among others. The site features a listing of award winning books and resources for parents, teachers, storytellers, writers, and illustrators.
- Great Websites for Kids
Built and maintained by members of the American Library Association who work with children and with the Internet every day, this site links to great sites not only for children and young adults but also for parents, caregivers, home schooling families, educators, storytellers, and librarians.
- Helping Your Child Series (Department of Education)
The Helping Your Child publication series aims to provide parents with the tools and information necessary to help their children succeed in school and life. These booklets feature practical lessons and activities to help their school aged and preschool children master reading, understand the value of homework and develop the skills and values necessary to achieve and grow.
- Online Homework Help
Free Tutoring in Math, Science, Social Studies and English.
- Science Fair - Special Resources
Below are some cool and informative links to Web sites about science fairs. These sites are listed from the Librarians' Index to the Internet.
- California State Science Fair
- Science Fair Handbook
- Science Fair Project Index
- Science Fair Project Resource Guide - an excellent resource from Internet Public Library that links kids and their parents to all sorts of exceptional resources for their projects. It includes: articles explaining How to Do a Science Fair Project, samples of successful projects for different age levels, the Ideas section, and more.