Silhouette Cameos | Vinyl Cutters
- Cameos are available on a first come first served basis.
- Limited help from library staff and volunteers are available depending on availability.
Using the Silhouette Cameos
- The Silhouette Cameos are free to use.
- The library provides access to the Sketch pens, ratchet blade, and fabric blade.
- Patrons are responsible for bringing in their own materials for cutting. Materials can now be purchased at the Library Shop on the first floor of Central Library.
- Silhouette Cameos will accept files: .studio3, .dxf, .jpg, .pdf, .gif, and .gsp.
- Materials can be up to 12" wide. Length is limited to 12" for paper and can be longer for certain materials.
Resources & Support
Patrons are expected to operate the Silhouette Cameos on their own since most projects do not take that much time to complete and cutting materials can vary. However, our volunteers in the lab can assist with setting up the machines as needed. We also offer classes on how to operate the machines through the year.
Classes & Workshops:
- We offer various design classes for teens in the IDEA Lab and Digital Art class for adults. Please check our events calendar at sdplcalendar.org for more information.
- We also offers free monthly Arts & Crafts workshops for adults where students can learn how to use the Silhouette Studio software to create designs for custom cards/paper crafts/vinyl decals.
Free vector graphics software compatible with Silhouette Cameos:
Silhouette Cameo Uses:
- Silhouette Cameos can cut and draw on different types of materials.
- Card making or scrapbooking
- Make custom vinyl decals
- Make stencils for glass etching or screen printing
- Cut fabric for custom textile projects
- And more!