Booking a Meeting Room
- Organizations wishing to use meeting rooms must submit an application form at least two (2) weeks prior to the requested date. Forms are obtainable from the branch library where the meeting is to be conducted or on the Library's web page. At the Central Library, applications are available from the Information Desk during library open hours, Monday through Sunday.
- Organizations must provide the name, address and telephone number of a local contact to be used in the event the Library has a question or is forced to cancel the booking.
- Meeting rooms are reserved on a first come, first served basis for a maximum of three (3) months in advance of the meeting or event; however, tentative bookings shall be available one year in advance at the discretion of the Branch Manager or Central Library Deputy Director. Authorization to use a meeting room is not transferable to another organization.
- Appropriate applications are submitted to the branch library providing the meeting room space or to the Circulation Section Supervisor at the Central Library. Types of applications are:
- General Public
- City Council-Sanctioned Community Groups
- Payment of 100% of applicable meeting room fees shall be required at the time of the booking, at least two (2) weeks prior to the date. A BOOKING WILL NOT BE CONFIRMED UNTIL ALL FEES ARE PAID. Fifty percent (50%) of the paid fee is refundable provided the library receives cancellation notice at least 14 days prior to the event. The application for a refund must be received within 30 days of cancellation; a receipt is required. If an applicant fails to notify the Library of cancellation two (2) weeks prior to the event, all fees will be forfeited.
In the event that cancellation by the Library is necessary, every reasonable effort will be made to notify the applicant at least two (2) weeks in advance. The City is not responsible for any damages if it has to cancel use of the room or cannot fulfill its promise to have the room available.
Department Instruction 21-15
Effective June 2005