H2O San Diego
The H2O San Diego Program is a bill payment assistance option for qualified low-income and fixed income water utility customers within
the city of San Diego.
In compliance with the California Constitution, the program is funded solely by voluntary donations and will help prevent utility service interruptions to those in need. Charitable contributions made to governmental agencies for a public purpose are tax deductible under section §170(c)(1) of the Internal Revenue Code.
If you donate $10 or more, you will receive a year-end total of your donations for tax purposes. Please contact your tax preparer for guidance.
How Do I Qualify for Assistance?
The H2O SD Program has partnered with 2-1-1 San Diego to qualify eligible households for assistance with their water utility bills. If you qualify for SDG&E's CARE Program, you may qualify for the H2O SD Program.
- You must dial 2-1-1 to begin the qualification process which is available 24 hours a day
- Potential applicants must live in the City of San Diego in a single-family residence
- All household members' income must be combined for a gross annual household total
- Must be a City of San Diego water customer
- Must be account holder, and responsible for paying water utility bill
- Must meet SDG&E CARE Program eligibility requirements and CARE income guidelines
How Can I Help?
- Donate by mail:
City of San Diego Public Utilities Department
Customer Care Center, PO Box 129020
San Diego, CA 92112-9020
- Send a one-time donation form in English or Spanish to the Public Utilities Department
- Donate online at the San Diego Foundation or the Customer Care Center