City of San Diego residential and commercial water customers served by an individual water meter may be eligible to receive a rebate up to $2,500 per property. The rebate applies to the device and labor according the rebate table below.
Properties that currently have a static pressure equal to or greater than 80 psi (pounds per square inch) and cannot be adjusted downward are eligible to apply.
|Up to 1 inch
|Up to 2 inches
|Up to 3 inches
|4 inches or more
You may qualify for the rebate program as long as your property has a static pressure equal to or in excess of 80 psi. You must obtain a plumbing permit, from the City of San Diego Development Services Department if your property does not currently have a PRV and you want to install one. As per Municipal code section 129.0402 any new plumbing work requires a permit.
Pressure Reducing Valves may be installed by homeowners, licensed plumbers, or maintenance persons. Licensed plumbers must complete the Plumbers Certification Form.
- IMPORTANT: Read complete instructions on how to replace a PRV and obtain your rebate in the Pressure Reducing Valve Guidelines.
- Take photo of existing PRV showing pressure gauge.
- Remove PRV.
- Install new PRV and set to a pressure between 45 psi and 75 psi.
- Take post-installation photo of PRV pressure gauge showing pressure between 30 psi and 75 psi.
6. Complete the PRV rebate application online and upload all supporting documentation.