The Public Works Contracts Division is a branch of the Public Works Department. Its mission is to help the City achieve its Strategic Plan goals and objectives by providing superior services and to support City departments in the centralized acquisition of construction and related professional services in furtherance of the of Capital Improvements Program (CIP).
The division is responsible for the City's centralized procurement of CIP construction and associated professional consulting services, as well as contract management functions to ensure that contracts meet the City's CIP needs. To meet these needs, the division conducts the advertisement and award of construction and professional services requirements in conformance with the City's Charter and Municipal Code, including:
- Advertising bid packages;
- Coordinating job walks and bid openings for all of the City's public works construction projects;
- Verifying the appropriate inclusion of insurance and bonds;
- Determining bid and proposal awardees; and
- Handling bidder and proposal inquiries or protests associated with the procurement process.