Drought Information and Resources
Mandatory Water Use Restrictions
The City is currently under mandatory water use restrictions and is asking residents to be sure to abide by these important rules. They are designed to reduce water consumption during drought conditions.
In addition to these very specific water use restrictions, below are water conservation tips that every household can use.
- San Diego County Water Authority
- Water Conservation Garden
- California Department of Water Resources Drought Information
- Be Water Wise, Metropolitan Water District and the Family of Southern California Water Agencies
- Save Our Water Program
- The Nifty Fifty Plants for California Friendly Landscapes
- How to Maintain Your Trees During a Drought
- California Landscape Contractors Association Water Management Conservation Program
- California Invasive Plant Council
- Keep it in the Garden: Protect California's Natural Habitats Brochure, courtesy of the U.C. Cooperative Extension.
- Learn how to have a Water Saver Home, courtesy of the California Urban Water Conservation Council(requires Macromedia Flash player)
- Sunset Magazine's "Easy Water-Wise Gardening"
Copyright Notice: Website display by expressed permission of Sunset Publishing Corporation. No other rights to publish, reproduce or transfer any part of "Easy Water-Wise Gardening" are hereby granted. All rights reserved. The rights granted are only to display via website, www.sandiego.gov/water/ and that all other rights are reserved to Sunset.
- Water Education Foundation's Conservation Tips
- Water: H2O=Life, American Museum of Natural History
- WaterSense at Work: Best Management Practices for Commercial and Institutional Facilities
Report water waste by calling (619) 533-5271 or email [email protected]
General Water Conservation Information: (619) 533-7485