Water Use Restrictions and Resources
Permanent Water Use Restrictions
The City of San Diego has year-round city and state permanent mandatory water restrictions in place. Review to see if you're in compliance.
- San Diego County Water Authority
- Water Conservation Garden
- California Department of Water Resources Drought Information
- Be Water Wise, Metropolitan Water District and the Family of Southern California Water Agencies
- Save Our Water Program
- The Nifty Fifty Plants for California Friendly Landscapes
- How to Maintain Your Trees During a Drought
- California Landscape Contractors Association Water Management Conservation Program
- California Invasive Plant Council
- Keep it in the Garden: Protect California's Natural Habitats Brochure, courtesy of the U.C. Cooperative Extension.
- Learn how to have a Water Saver Home, courtesy of the California Urban Water Conservation Council(requires Macromedia Flash player)
- Sunset Magazine's "Easy Water-Wise Gardening"
Copyright Notice: Website display by expressed permission of Sunset Publishing Corporation. No other rights to publish, reproduce or transfer any part of "Easy Water-Wise Gardening" are hereby granted. All rights reserved. The rights granted are only to display via website, www.sandiego.gov/water/ and that all other rights are reserved to Sunset.
- Water Education Foundation's Conservation Tips
- Water: H2O=Life, American Museum of Natural History
- WaterSense at Work: Best Management Practices for Commercial and Institutional Facilities
Report water waste by calling 619-533-5271 or email [email protected]
General Water Conservation Information: 619-533-7485
For other questions or concerns call 619-515-3516 or email [email protected].