Renaissance Senior Development
in North Park Redevelopment Area
Rendering of Veterans Village
Stepping Stone Affordable Housing
Villa Harvey Mandel
General Affordable Housing Information
- What is affordable housing? - A brief explanation of affordable housing.
- CCDC Affordable Housing - (Centre City Development Corporation)
- City Manager's Report on Comprehensive Affordable Housing Strategy - City Manager's report outlining the recommendations for a Comprehensive Affordable Housing Strategy (PDF), which was approved by the City Council in August of 2002.
- Final Report of the Affordable Housing Task Force
- Regional Task Force on the Homeless - A partnership of public agencies, private groups and homeless advocates who have the vision of an end to homelessness in San Diego County. The mission of the Task Force is to collect, analyze, and disseminate information on homelessness; and facilitate regional solutions through planning, coordination and advocacy.
Information for Developers
- $55 Million Funding for Affordable Housing Development - This program has made available up to $55 million for affordable housing development from the Redevelopment Agency low- and moderate-income housing set aside (Redevelopment Agency)
- San Diego Housing Commission Guide for Developers - Information for developers regarding affordable housing financing. The Housing Commission provides low-interest loans and other incentives to help developers acquire, rehabilitate and build affordable housing. (San Diego Housing Commission)
- Multi-Family Development Guidelines (PDF) - Articulates the standards by which SEDC will evaluate new and/or rehabilitated multi-family housing development proposals. (Southeastern Economic Development Corporation)
- Redevelopment Project Areas Map - Illustrates the Redevelopment Agency project area boundaries for the Centre City Development Corporation and Southeastern Economic Development Corporation. (Redevelopment Agency)
- Inclusionary Housing Ordinance, and the Affordable/Infill Housing and Sustainable Buildings Expedite Program Documents - (Development Services Department)
Housing Project Information
- Downtown Affordable Housing Directory (PDF) - Identifies affordable projects planned or constructed downtown. (Centre City Development Corporation)
- Downtown Map and Housing Guide (PDF) - Provides more comprehensive information about all projects planned or constructed downtown, including affordable housing. (Centre City Development Corporation)
- Redevelopment Affordable Housing Projects - Includes examples of Redevelopment Division affordable housing projects completed, underway, and proposed, such the as Mercado Apartments, Villa Maria Apartments, Renaissance at North Park, Talmadge Senior Village, and the Metro Villas. (Redevelopment Division)
- List of new and upcoming affordable housing throughout the City of San Diego - Affordable housing financed in part by the Housing Commission.(San Diego Housing Commission)
Links to Other Agencies
The San Diego Housing Federation maintains a list of federal, state, regional and local organizations that address housing issues.
Other Programs and Resources
Additional information regarding the City of San Diego's "Tenants' Right to Know" ordinance, as well as additional information and resources are available from the San Diego Housing Commission.