"Providing value through innovation to City Departments and staff"
The Department of Information Technology (DoIT) is responsible for providing strategic technology direction; supporting citywide technologies and applications; coordinating citywide infrastructure activities, including IT customer relationship management, IT procurement, and the citywide IT budget; developing and implementing IT operational policies and standards; managing contracts for IT services with various service providers; and managing and implementing IT governance processes. The Department also supports the cross-departmental IT Business Leadership Group (ITBLG). The Department mission is to provide responsive and dependable delivery of information technology and communications services to the City organization in order to support a fiscally sound and effective government. The Department goals are to:
- Effectively manage the delivery of citywide technology and communications services
- Guide technology decision-making to ensure consistency with the citywide business direction
- Ensure a skilled, responsive, and innovative workforce that keeps current with evolving business-critical technologies
- Provide high-quality customer service
- Create and maintain a sustainable, business-focused organization