About the Library
The San Diego Public Library (SDPL) serves the informational, educational and recreational interests of San Diego through 35 branches, Central Library, the READ/San Diego literacy program and an online presence.Who We Are (PDF)
Goals and Objectives (PDF)
We've Turned the Page to Our Next Chapter
The San Diego Public Library (SDPL) is at a pivotal point in its history.
We have opened a new state-of-the-art Central Library! We are also tackling the rapid pace of technological change.
To meet the challenge we have expanded hours (PDF), as of November 8, 2014.
- Our Brand, Our Story (PDF)
- Who We Are (PDF)
- New Central Library Innovative Technology (PDF)
- New Library Look and Logo Press Release (PDF)
- SDSU Art Students Help Library Write Next Chapter
The San Diego Public Library is a popular destination that connects our diverse community to free educational and cultural resources that will enrich their lives.
With 6.1 million visitors, the library is the largest cultural institution in San Diego that offers FREE programming.
- Population Served: More than 1.3 million residents, encompasses an area of 342 square miles.
- more than 5.3 million books, including e-books and audio-visual materials
- 3,138 periodical subscriptions
- 1.6 million government documents; and
- more than 265,295 books in 25 languages other than English
Mission of the San Diego Public Library
"To inspire lifelong learning through connections to knowledge and each other."
For other questions or concerns, call 619-236-5800 or email email@example.com