Low Income Payment Plan
Low Income Payment Plans will be available to customers qualified as low income. Low income payment plan parameters are as follows:
- Payment plans are only available to the registered owner or lessee of a vehicle.
- Customers can request an application by emailing, firstname.lastname@example.org, by calling 1-866-470-1308, or by downloading the Low Income PP application.
- Vehicle must be registered in California.
- Application must be made within 120 days from the date of issuance, or 10 days from the Administrative Hearing date, whichever is greater.
- If approved:
- All late fees and penalties will be waived exclusive of State mandated surcharges.
- Monthly payment installments will not exceed $25 on fine amounts of $500 or less.
- The number of monthly installments are predetermined by the City based on the fine amount, however, payment plans cannot exceed 24 months.
- There is a $5 fee per citation to enroll in a payment plan.
- Monthly payment amounts must be received timely on or before predetermined installment dates.
- All late fees and penalty assessments will be reinstated for customers that fall out of compliance.
- You will be mailed your monthly installment amounts and due dates
- Low income qualifications can be met in one of two ways. Registered owner's or lessee's:
- Monthly income is 200 percent or less of the current United States Department of Health and Human Services poverty guidelines. Proof of income from a payment stub/proof of earnings required.
- Receiving public benefits from at least one of the following programs: Proof of receipt of benefit required.
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- State Supplementary Payment (SSP)
- California Work Opportunity and Responsibility to Kids Act (CalWORKs)
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program o County Relief, General Relief (GR), or General Assistance (GA)
- Cash Assistance Program for Aged, Blind, and Disabled Legal Immigrants
- In-Home Supportive Services (IHSS) o Medi-Cal *Customers that do not meet the low income requirements may request a payment plan, however, no late fees or penalties are waived, a $15 fee will be assessed, and it cannot exceed 18 months.
* Customers that do not meet the low-income requirements may request a payment plan, however, no late fees or penalties are waived, a $15 fee will be assessed, and it cannot exceed 18 months.