Renewals and Holds
Most library materials* can be renewed up to two  times.
- Renewing online: You can renew materials by logging into your online account.
- Renewing over telephone: Available during Central Library open hours at (619) 236-5800 or (858) 484-4440 (toll free from the North County): press 1 (for touch-tone phone), then press 2 to renew library materials. Valid library card number required.
- Renewing in person: Materials can be renewed by presenting a valid library card in person at any City of San Diego Public Library location during regular hours of operation.
*The following items cannot be renewed: items with outstanding holds, leased books, eReader devices, interlibrary loan materials, laptop computers, museum passes and story kits.
Most circulating library materials* can be placed on hold through the Library catalog. If you provided an email address on your library account, you will be notified via email when your hold is available for pick up. Otherwise, you will be notified by regular mail.
- Placing a hold online: Locate the title in the Library Catalog. Click on the green "Place Hold" button and follow the instructions on the screen.
- There is no fee to place a hold.
- Holds are valid for 270 days.
- There is limit of 25 titles for those library users with a permanent library card and a limit of two titles for those with temporary cards.
- Holds will be held for 13 days from the date notification was sent to you that your items are ready for pick-up.
- There is a $1 restocking fee for holds not picked up.
- Placing holds over telephone: To have an available item held for you or sent to another San Diego Public Library location, call the Library branch which has the title.
*No holds can be placed on the following library materials: reference titles, magazines, leased books or electronic items.
For other questions or concerns, call (619) 236-5800 or email [email protected]