All properties within the City of San Diego have zoning designations reflecting the current designations in the Land Development Code.
Need to look up your Zoning Use Designation to obtain a City San Diego Business Tax Certificate?
You will be required to self-certify that your proposal is allowed in the zone that applies to the property where the business activity will be conducted. You may use the following online resources to perform self-certification:
Verify the base zone designation of your business’s location by visiting ZAPP.
Verify that the land use and development regulations are permitted by searching the use and development regulations tables within each section below.
- SDMC Chapter 13 - Zones
- Open Space Base Zones (OP, OC, OF, OS)
- Agricultural Base Zones (AG, AR)
- Residential Base Zones (RE, RS, RX, RT, RM)
- Commercial Base Zones (CN, CR, CO, CV, CP, CC)
- Industrial Base Zones (IP, IL, IH, IS, IBT)
- Mixed-Use Base Zones (RMX, EMX)
- Planned District Ordinance Zones (Zones not listed above)