The Land Development Code (LDC) contains regulations for the development and use of property including zoning, subdivisions, and other related land use activities. The Code Update Team monitors and continually updates the code to simplify and streamline the permitting processes, assure compliance with state and federal regulations, and eliminate unnecessary barriers, redundancies and contractions. Through these regular updates, the LDC will be more responsive to address the City’s changing land use issues.
If you have any requests or corrections, please email your requests to [email protected] and include: code section, table if applicable, explanation of discrepancy/error/conflict and any proposed language/solution.
New Regulations in Effect
- Live-Work Quarters Regulations – Final certification Jun. 13, 2019.
- 11th Update to the Land Development Code – Final certification Feb. 10, 2019.
- Appeal Ordinance – Final certification July 10, 2019.
Placemaking – The regulations became effective in areas outside the coastal zone on June 22, 2018, and should be in effect citywide summer of 2019.
Affordable Housing Regulations – Final certification Aug. 8, 2018.
- Affordable Housing/In-Fill Projects and Sustainable – Final certification Feb. 8, 2018.
- Affordable Density Bonus – Final certification March 8, 2017.
- Companion Units/Junior Units – Final certification Feb. 8, 2018.
- Marijuana Production Facilities – Final certification Feb. 8, 2018.
- Testing and Marijuana Production Facilities – Feb. 8, 2018
- Marijuana Regulations – Final certification Oct. 12, 2017.
Land Development Code
Chapters 11-14 of the Municipal Code are referred to as the Land Development Code. These chapters contain the City's planning, zoning, subdivision and building regulations.
Search the Municipal Code
Land Use and Housing Committee (formerly Smart Growth and Land Use)
Technical Advisory Committee (TAC) and Code Monitoring Team
Development Services Department