Land Development Code Work Program
The Land Development Code (LDC) contains regulations for the development and use of property including zoning, subdivisions, and other related land use activities. The Code Update Team monitors and continually updates the code to simplify and streamline the permitting processes, assure compliance with state and federal regulations, and eliminate unnecessary barriers, redundancies and contractions. Through these regular updates, the LDC will be more responsive to address the City’s changing land use issues.
If you have any requests or corrections, please email your requests to [email protected] and include: code section, table if applicable, explanation of discrepancy/error/conflict and any proposed language/solution.
New Regulations in Effect
- 11th Update to the Land Development Code – The regulations became effective in areas outside the coastal zone on April 21, 2018, and should be in effect citywide early summer 2018.
- Appeal Ordinance – The regulations became effective in areas outside the coastal zone on Nov. 25, 2017, and should be in effect citywide late fall of 2018.
Placemaking – The regulations became effective in areas outside the coastal zone on June 22, 2018, and should be in effect citywide late fall of 2018.
Affordable Housing Regulations – Final certification Aug. 8, 2018.
- Affordable Housing/In-Fill Projects and Sustainable – final certification Feb. 8, 2018
- Affordable Density Bonus – final certification March 8, 2017
- Companion Units/Junior Units – final certification Feb. 8, 2018
- Marijuana Production Facilities – final certification Feb. 8, 2018
- Testing and Marijuana Production Facilities – Feb. 8, 2018
- Marijuana Regulations – final certification Oct. 12, 2017
Land Development Code
Chapters 11-14 of the Municipal Code are referred to as the Land Development Code. These chapters contain the City's planning, zoning, subdivision and building regulations.
- Updates to the Land Development Code (LDC) - Includes new regulations in effect and pending amendments.
- Land Development Code User's Guide
- Land Development Code Environmental Impact Report (EIR)
For questions or concerns, please send an email to [email protected].