Borrow free eBooks, eAudiobooks, eVideos or search our databases for up-to-date popular and scholarly articles on a wide range of subjects. The Library's eCollection never closes and its content can be read or downloaded on your computer* or portable device.**
Read eBooks on your computer or portable reading device.
- Search 3M eBook Library
- Search OverDrive eBook Collection (popular collection)
- Other eBook resources
- Guide to Reading Library eBooks
- Need in-person help with your eReader?
- Using a Kindle
- Using a mobile device
- Using another eReader, laptop or desktop
- Project Gutenberg Collection (free unlimited access via OverDrive)
- Google Books
Listen to eAudiobooks on your computer or portable audio device.
- Search Overdrive eAudiobook Collection
- OverDrive installation/setup help
- Search OneClick Digital Recorded Books catalog
- Installation help and how-to-videos
Watch eVideos on your computer.
*eBooks, eAudiobooks and eVideos cannot be downloaded on library computers.
**Downloadable items are compatible with most eBook devices, Smartphones and MP3 players. While the San Diego Public Library strives to provide high quality customer support for our eCollection services (including OverDrive and OneClickdigital), the wide variety of computer operating systems and configurations of personal computers make it impossible for the library to guarantee that all eCollection-related software will run on all electronic devices. Library staff can provide assistance with installing and navigating eCollection software. We cannot, however, provide personalized troubleshooting for operating system/software configurations that may cause eCollection software to malfunction.