The Mayoral Artifacts database was established in April of 2009 as a means to display online artifacts given to the City of San Diego by foreign or domestic governments, Sister Cities, business leaders, private citizens, and other organizations to express appreciation, foster diplomatic exchange and goodwill or to symbolize a significant event or relationship accepted by the Mayor on behalf of the City. These gifts are labeled, catalogued, photographed and entered into a database. These items are viewableonline via the Artifacts Gallery.
Currently, the Artifacts Gallery only contains items from the following mayoral terms:
Click images for larger view.
Organizations interested in putting together a display of Mayoral Artifacts must be willing to enter a contractual agreement with our department. The following conditions must be met:
- Have a facility which allows public access to view display
- Have a facility which meets American Disability Act accessibility requirements
- Have a facility with sufficient security
- Have a facility with locking display units
- Have adequate insurance coverage (1 million dollars) for lost, stolen or damaged items
If your organization meets all of the above requirements, please contact the Artifacts Analyst at (619) 236-6924.