Filing a Complaint or Commendation
Any person who is dissatisfied with police services or believes he/she has witnessed or been the subject of police misconduct may file a complaint. The complaint process is intended as an avenue for citizens to file legitimate complaints. It is not the intent of the City of San Diego that the complaint process be used to lodge false or harassing complaints against officers who are engaged in legitimate actions while on duty.
Can a person get into trouble for filing a complaint?
Not if you have been truthful. The City of San Diego would not, and could not, take action against a person who has acted in good faith.
- County of San Diego Jail
Citizens’ Law Enforcement Review Board (CLERB)
- California Highway Patrol (CHP)
- Chula Vista Police Department
- City of Carlsbad Police Department
- Coronado Police Department
- El Cajon Police Department
- Escondido Police Department
- La Mesa Police Department
- National City Police Department
- Oceanside Police Department
- San Diego Sheriff’s office complaint