Miscellaneous Frequently Asked Questions

Who do I call to have an abandoned vehicle removed from a City street?

To have an abandoned vehicle removed, contact the San Diego Police Department/Vehicle Abatement Unit at (858) 495-7856.

How do I recover an impounded vehicle?

If you believe your vehicle has been impounded, call (619) 531-2000, 24 hours a day, for confirmation and to determine the location where the vehicle was stored.