SDPD is still hiring amid the COVID-19 crisis. All testing processes are continuing as scheduled.


San Diego

Accessibility Tools

  • Check if your spelling is correct, or try removing filters.
  • Remove quotes around phrases to match each word individually: "blue drop" will match less than blue drop.
  • You can require or exclude terms using + and -: big +blue drop will require a match on blue while big blue -drop will exclude results that contain drop.

Obtaining a Temporary Restraining Order

Do the following to obtain a Temporary Restraining Order (TRO):

  • Call or come to the San Diego Family Justice Center, 1122 Broadway, San Diego, 619-533-6000.
  • In addition to help with a TRO, you will receive safety planning, risk assessment, assistance with emergency shelter if needed and additional services.
  • There is no cost to obtain a TRO or other assistance at the FJC.
  • The FJC also provides counseling for adults and juveniles.
  • Requests for TROs can also be filled out and requested at any County court branch except the Central branch and Hall of Justice in downtown San Diego. No fee is required and free legal assistance is available. The branch locations for this can be found in the San Diego Superior Court website. Click on Family and then Locations.
  • Keep a copy of the TRO with you at all times. Call 911 if a violation occurs.
  • Call 911 if the restrained party has not yet been served but harasses you. The police can serve the TRO on the spot or over the phone.
  • Go to the County Sheriff’s Department Restraining/Protective Order website to see if the TRO has been served. You will have to enter the Case Number and the restrained person's last name to access this online database.