"To maintain peace and order by providing the highest quality police services."
"A Police Department whose employees feel valued, works together in community partnerships to be a model of excellence in policing and fosters the highest level of public trust and safety."
Goal 1: Improve Quality of Life for All
- Reduce violent crime through prevention, and the identification/apprehension of criminal offenders.
- Improve priority call response times.
- Ensure effective policing by addressing command and community priorities.
Goal 2: Ensure Accountability to High Standards of Performance, Ethics and Professional Conduct
- Require professional and ethical behavior by employees.
- Achieve sound decision making through the application of Procedural Justice.
- Empower and develop the workforce to achieve excellence.
- Support an informed and trained workforce.
Goal 3: Strive for Continuous Improvement in Efficiency and Effectiveness
- Ensure continuous improvement of operations by identifying best practices in policing, new technology and equipment.
- Effectively utilize and manage our resources.
- Efficiently manage staffing levels.
If you have an emergency, call 9-1-1.
To access 9-1-1 from a cell phone or outside San Diego, call (619) 531-2065.
For 24-hour non-emergencies, call (619) 531-2000 or (858) 484-3154.