Street Reconstruction Group 1801
This project provides for improving portions of Gold Coast Drive, between Camino Ruiz and Thanksgiving Lane, and Parkdale Avenue, between Northup Drive and Mira Mesa Boulevard. Improvements will include pavement reconstruction; replacement of traffic signal detection loops, traffic striping/markings and damaged sidewalks; installation of curb ramps to facilitate access for persons with disabilities, curb and gutter and cross gutters, bus stop pads and drain pipes; and tree removal. Before construction on the improvements, multiple underground utilities from San Diego Gas & Electric, AT&T and Spectrum Charter Communications will need to be relocated. View the project alignment.
- Utility relocation: Summer 2022.*
- Construction start: Fall 2022.*
- Construction end: Early 2024.*
The project's budget is $12.7 million.*
Current Work (Updated Nov. 1)
- Continue installing pipes in the area of Camino Ruiz and Gold Coast Drive.
- Storm drain materials will be delivered and staged near the intersections of San Ramon Drive and Gold Coast Drive and Westonhill Drive and Gold Coast Drive after Nov. 1.
- Nov. 5, 2018: Informational update on Gold Coast Drive & Parkdale Avenue repairs
- Nov. 15, 2021: Mira Mesa Community Planning Group meeting presentation
- Aug. 15, 2022: Mira Mesa Community Planning Group meeting presentation
- Aug. 29, 2022: Virtual workshop
For questions about this project, contact the Engineering & Captial Projects Department at 619-533-4207, email firstname.lastname@example.org or submit your inquiry online. Please reference "Street Reconstruction Group 1801" in your inquiry.
*Anticipated schedule and project budget are subject to change.