Meadow Lark Drive/Health Center Drive Water Main Replacement Project
The City of San Diego (City) has more than 3,250 miles of water pipelines that provide safe, healthful drinking water to the 1.4 million residents within its service area. Some pipelines are more than 100 years old, are deteriorating, and are in need of replacement, repair, and upgrades. To avoid future service disruptions, such as water main breaks, the aging pipelines are being replaced or rehabilitated. The new pipelines will bring the existing water pipes or mains up to modern standards, accommodate community growth and reduce maintenance requirements.
All efforts will be taken to minimize impacts to the residents and businesses in the community. To help keep the community informed about the anticipated construction activities and impacts, updates will be emailed to subscribers as significant events occur.
To receive the email updates, submit your email address in the "Join our Email List" box on the right side of this page and select the "Project Updates: Meadow Lark Drive/Health Center Drive Water Main Replacement Project" email self-subscribe list. To view previous email updates for this project, please visit the email archive page.
This project will take place in the Serra Mesa, Linda Vista, and Clairemont Mesa communities, in City Council Districts 6 and 7. The project will:
- Provide a more reliability water supply and operational flexibility by bringing the existing water mains up to current City standards;
- Replace approximately 2.3 miles of water main pipelines, associated water services, fire hydrants, and traffic control devices;
- Use best management practices for erosion control, storm drain inlet protection, and restoration of disturbed areas to their original condition;
- Resurface streets impacted by project construction activities;
- Install new curb ramps that will improve access for people with physical disabilities; and
- Support the City’s sustainability and climate action goals of reducing the City’s carbon footprint, increasing efficiencies, improving the quality of life and making the best use of taxpayer funds.
Construction: Fall 2016 -- Fall 2017*
The project's planning, design and construction budget is $5.3 million.*
* The construction schedule and project budget is approximate and subject to change; please visit this web page regularly to view any schedule changes.
For questions or concerns about the project, call the Public Works Department construction project information line at (619) 533-4207, email [email protected], or submit your inquiry online. Please reference "Meadow Lark Drive/Health Center Drive Water Main Replacement Project” in your inquiry.