This project is located at 10710 Scripps Lake Drive, San Diego, CA 92131 in Council District 5. The project was driven by the need to replace aging infrastructure that was starting to deteriorate and had the potential to fail and compromise the water distribution system. During inspection, City staff determined that replacement of the two clearwells, built in 1959 and 1974, was imminently necessary. Due to their structural stability concerns, the Miramar Clearwell Improvements Project became the number one project in the Water CIP Master Plan prioritization.
- Demolish and replace two existing clearwells, increasing the combined capacity to 58.3 MG, HGL of 712’
- New chlorine contact chamber
- New maintenance facility and guard house
- Landscaping and paving
- Low-lift pump station to achieve the design process maximum capacity of 215 MGD
- Addition of a 1 MW photovoltaic system on Clearwell No 2
Project Schedule & Budget
For up-to-date information on the project schedule and budget, click here.
For questions or concerns about the project, call the Public Works Department construction project information line at (619) 533-4207, email [email protected], or submit your inquiry online. Please reference "Miramar Clearwell Improvements" in your inquiry.