Schedule an Appointment
Call the City Clerk's Passport Services Line at 619-533-4000 Voice [619-236-7012 TTY] or make your own appointment via our online scheduling system.
Book an Appointment Now
City Administration Building
202 C Street, Lobby
San Diego,CA 92101
Walk-In Service Appointment Only Service
Monday-Friday: 9 a.m. to 10 a.m. Monday-Friday: 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
NO Cash, Credit or Debit Cards accepted.
PAF Closures: Passport Services will closed Monday, January 17 in observance of Martin Luther King Jr. Day. Passport Fair Hours: Walk-In Services hours will be limited between 11 and 1 p.m. during our Passport Fairs on the following dates in 2020: January, 15, February 12, March 25, April 22, May 20, June 24, July 8, August 19 and September 23.
*Date(s) subject to change without notice. Please call in advance to confirm.
- For the latest information on how to apply for a passport, and for current passport processing times, please be sure to check the Passport Agency website.
- You may pick up an application at the Clerk's Passport Services office or download the form from the Passport Agency's website: Passport Application DS-11.
- The form must be completed, but not signed, prior to arriving for your appointment. NOTE: Black ink is required.
- Two separate checks/money orders required per application.
Please Come Prepared
Bring these six (6) items with you to your appointment:
- In black ink, a completed, UNSIGNED application.
You must sign the application in front of the passport agent
- Evidence of U.S. citizenship.
All documents must be originals.
- Original or certified copy of birth certificate, OR
- Previous U.S. passport*, OR
- Consular Report of Birth Abroad or Certification of Birth, OR
- Naturalization Certificate, OR
- Certificate of Citizenship
*Note: For Minors under Age 16, you must establish proof of citizenship AND proof of relationship. Previous U.S. passports are not acceptable as proof of relationship to the applying parent(s)/guardian(s). Check the Passport Agency website for further information on proof of relationship regarding minors.
Submit a photocopy showing the front and back of the original Identification document presented. Copy must be one-sided on plain white, 8-1/2x11 standard paper.
- Current, valid driver's license
- Government ID: city, state or federal
- Military ID: military and dependents
- Passport Photos
- Photo Service is available from the City Clerk for $12, OR
- Bring one (1) color passport photo, 2x2 in size, taken within the past six (6) months. Please check the Passport Agency website for further requirements regarding photos.
The City Clerk accepts personal checks or money orders ONLY. No cash, credit or debit cards are accepted.
- Two payments are required: one made payable to "Department of State," and one made payable to "City Treasurer."
- Both payments must be made either with a personal check, or with a money order.
Go to Passport Fees for the current U.S. Department of State fee schedule.
For most renewals, you do not need to appear in person.
You can renew by mail if:
- Your most recent passport is available to submit and it is not damaged;
- You received the passport within the past 15 years;
- You were over age 16 when it was issued;
- You still have the same name, or can legally document your name-change
If your passport has been altered or damaged, you cannot apply by mail. You must apply in person.
For more information on how to renew a passport, please visit the Passport Renewal Information page. You can get a passport renewal application form by downloading it here: Renewal Form DS-82.
For other questions or concerns, see the Frequently Asked Questions, call 619-533-4000 Voice [619-236-7012 TTY], or email [email protected].