Aerial View of Lake Murray and Alvarado Water Plant in 1969
Photo by Unknown, 1969
View of Lake Murray and Alvarado Water Treatment Plant before modernization began in 1993. The City took over operation of the reservoir in 1950 from the Helix Irrigation District, then bought it from Helix 10 years later. It is located within the boundary of the City's Mission Trails Regional Park. The panels in the photo were replaced in 1998 with two water storage tanks. The Alvarado plant is the oldest of the three facilities supplying City water, having been first brought into service in 1951.