Dents Baseball Team at Lane Field in 1956
Photo by Unknown, 1956
1956 photo of the Dents Baseball Team at Lane Field, a downtown, waterfront ballpark, built at the northeast corner of Broadway and Harbor Drive in 1925, named after Bill Lane. It was the home of the Pacific Coast League's San Diego Padres from 1936 to 1957. The Padres were formerly known as the Hollywood Stars, and were owned by Bill Lane, who had made his fortune in gold mining. The Padres moved to Mission Valley in 1958 and Lane Field was taken apart and became a parking lot.