Evan V. Jones Parkade Construction 1964
Photo by City Photographer, 1964
Evan V. Jones Parkade under construction in 1964. Morley H. Golden, at one time known as Mr. San Diego for his community involvement, led the campaign to build the complex housing City Hall (now named Charles C. Dail Community Concourse), exhibit and convention hall (now named Golden Hall), the parkade, and the 3,000-seat Civic Theater, which his firm M. H. Golden Construction Company, completed in 1965. The parkade is named after Evan Jones, who founded ACE Parking in 1950.