Information for Lobbyists
- San Diego Municipal Lobbying Ordinance
- Lobbying Manual (rev. January 2016) (PDF)
- Top 10 Facts for Lobbyists
- Lobbying Registration Fees
- Lobbying Ordinance Fact Sheets
- Lobbying Ordinance "Frequently Asked Questions"
- List of Registered Lobbying Firms and Organization Lobbyists
Instructions for completing and filing Registration Forms and Quarterly Disclosure Reports are contained within the City's electronic filing system. The following guidelines are intended to supplement the online instructions and provide a greater understanding of the Lobbying Ordinance's disclosure requirements.
- Lobbying Firm Filing Guidelines
- Organization Lobbyist Filing Guidelines
- Expenditure Lobbyist Filing Guidelines
Lists of City Officials
Use these lists for guidance when completing Schedule A or Schedule A-1 of your Quarterly Disclosure Report.
- City Officials: Elected Officials and Unclassified Employees (rev. April 6, 2017)
- City Officials: Boards, Commissions, and Committees (rev. January 18, 2017)
- City Officials: Officers of City Agencies (rev. January 19, 2017)
List of Candidates and Committees (Fundraising Activities and Contributions)
Refer to the following list when filling out Schedules C, D and E of your Quarterly Disclosure Report. Information on the list may also be useful when completing Schedule C - Part 1 of your registration form.
- City Candidates and Committees in 2016 and 2017
- City Candidates and Committees in 2015 and 2016
- City Candidates and Committees in 2014
2015 Review of the City's Lobbying Ordinance
Note: These amendments were approved by the City Council on Jan. 26, 2016.
- Proposed Amendments to the Lobbying Ordinance (September 17, 2015)
- Proposed Amendments to the Lobbying Ordinance (June 30, 2015)
- Memorandum to the Ethics Commission (May 8, 2015)
- Proposed Amendments to the Lobbying Ordinance (April 20, 2015)
Summaries of Lobbying Activity
- 2016 Lobbying Activity (April 7, 2017)
- 2015 Lobbying Activity (May 6, 2016)
- 2014 Lobbying Activity (April 17, 2015)
- 2013 Lobbying Activity (October 3, 2014)
- 2012 Lobbying Activity (June 6, 2013)
- 2011 Lobbying Activity (July 3, 2012)
- 2009-2010 Lobbying Activity (March 17, 2011)
- 2008 Lobbying Activity (June 25, 2009)
Historical Lobbying Ordinance Information
For memorandums, draft amendments and ordinances pertaining to past versions of the Lobbying Ordinance, please visit the Ethics Commission's Lobbying Ordinance History page.