Fire Station 12 was originally opened at 2284 Kearney Avenue (old Station 7) in 1914. That station was closed in 1933. The station was opened at its current location in March 1948 at a cost of $41,000. The current building opened in December 2005.
Fire Station 12 serves Lincoln Park/Valencia Park and its surrounding areas. Engine 12's district is 7.04 square miles.