Green Business Network
5 Steps to Being a Green Business
Wondering how to increase the sustainability of your business, but not sure where to start? Here are the 5 steps to take towards making your business environment-friendly.
Get a free energy, water and waste efficiency assessment. There's no catch! We’ll connect you with free, professional assessments to help you reduce your energy, water and waste and start saving money for your business.You'll have the information you need to move forward with makin g upgrades when you're ready, but there's no requirement to do so.
*The Green Business Network does not provide contractor referrals.
- Heating, ventilation and air-conditioning (HVAC), insulation, lighting and window, and door upgrades
- Upgrading to more energy-efficient appliances
- Installing drought-tolerant landscaping and upgrading irrigation systems
- Installing renewable energy (solar, wind, geothermal)
- Implementing a green-waste disposal system
After the Evaluation
- A prioritized list of recommendations
- Estimated costs and timeframes for implementing the recommendations
- A list of resources to help fund or cover the full cost of the upgrades and initiatives
- A list of contractors who are licensed to perform the work
- Follow-up to capture your unique story to share on our social media channels
Apply & Save
Some funding examples include:
Loans for water and energy efficiency projects that are paid back through your City property tax bill
SDG&E On-Bill Financing
Zero percent financing that allows you to pay for your energy upgrade costs through your electricity bill by using your energy savings
SDG&E Rebates & Incentives
Utility rebates and incentives for energy efficiency projects
SDG&E On-Bill and Off-Bill Equipment Lease and On-Bill Repayment Loan financing options for energy efficiency initiatives
Some examples of contractors include:
SDG&E Vetted Contractors
Energy-efficiency contractors, electricians, manufacturers and eq uipment dealers who have met SDG&E’s eligibility criteria and are familiar with SDG&E’s rebate and incentive programs
Monitor & Maximize
Compare your savings to the baseline that was determined during the initial evaluation and tout your success to yourcustomers and to your Green Business Network community on socia l media using #ItStartsWithOne!
Energy management tool examples:
SDG&E Recommended Energy Tools
Energy use monitoring and analytics
When you've got your energy and water use and waste generation down as low as you can go, you’re ready to REPEAT, this time with the mission to get to Zero Waste. Start with a new assessment of where you are and look at renewable energy, water capture and zero waste initiatives to take you to the next level.