About the Department of IT
"Providing value through innovation to City Departments and staff"
The Department of Information Technology is responsible for:
- Providing strategic technology direction;
- Supporting citywide technologies and applications;
- Coordinating citywide infrastructure activities, including information technology (IT) customer relationship management, IT procurement, and the citywide IT budget;
- Developing and implementing IT operational policies and standards;
- Managing contracts for IT services with various service providers;
- Managing and implementing IT governance processes; and
- Supporting the cross-departmental IT Business Leadership Group.
The Department's mission is to provide responsive and dependable delivery of IT and communications services to the City organization in order to support a fiscally sound and effective government. The Department goals are to:
- Effectively manage the delivery of citywide technology and communications services
- Guide technology decision-making to ensure consistency with the citywide business direction
- Ensure a skilled, responsive, and innovative workforce that keeps current with evolving business-critical technologies
- Provide high-quality customer service
- Create and maintain a sustainable, business-focused organization