San Ysidro Branch Library
The existing San Ysidro Branch Library is located at 101 W. San Ysidro Blvd. Built in 1924, the 4,089 square foot library is outdated to serve the growing San Ysidro community. The new library will be on a 1.62-acre lot located west of Interstate 805 near Beyer Boulevard. Its new address will be 123 East Seaward Ave.
The new single-story, 15,000 square-foot San Ysidro Branch Library will help meet the needs of the community using the library and will be designed to encourage interaction and activity, and be a resource for all residents. The new library will:
- Feature modern library amenities, such as new children and teen areas, study areas, a computer lab, and a multi-purpose area;
- Facilitate access for persons with disabilities
- Incorporate a design that will achieve Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED™) Silver certification
- Offer food serving opportunities with an indoor kitchen
- Include an outdoor reading patio and landscaping that will complement the library architectural design.
Project Schedule & Budget
The construction schedule and project budget are approximate and subject to change. For up-to-date information, click here.
- Anticipated completion of performance specifications and award of a design build contract: Fall 2016
- Anticipated design and construction completion: Fall 2016 through Winter 2019
For questions or concerns about the project, call the Public Works Department construction project information line at 619-533-4207, submit your inquiry online, or email [email protected]. Please reference the new "San Ysidro Branch Library Project" in your inquiry.