San Diego

Accessibility Tools

  • Check if your spelling is correct, or try removing filters.
  • Remove quotes around phrases to match each word individually: "blue drop" will match less than blue drop.
  • You can require or exclude terms using + and -: big +blue drop will require a match on blue while big blue -drop will exclude results that contain drop.

Required Documentation For Permits

Valid Driver's License

Required even if it does not show qualifying address. If driver's license has been extended, include the DMV certificate of renewal. Not necessary when applying for visitor placard.

California Vehicle Registration

A copy of applicants valid registration card is required, even if it doesn't show qualifying address. Residents whose sole vehicle is registered to another party (i,e., parent or employer) must submit, with the vehicle registration card a copy of the Vehicle Affidavit Form (see Residential Permit Parking Applications and Forms).

Recently Purchased Vehicles

Can be issued a decal type permit by submitting a copy of "Purchase Agreement/Contract" in place of DMV registration card. Permit is issued to the last four digits of the vehicle identification number when new license plate number is not yet available. Permit is not replaced even after receiving license plates from DMV and will remain valid until end of permit year.

Proof of Residency, Tenancy or Property Ownership

Necessary when your vehicle registration or Driver's License does not reflect the qualifying address. Copies of two of the following documents showing applicants name, qualifying address, and current date must be provided.

  • A current utility bill (gas and electric, phone, or water bill).
  • A property deed or tax bill or closing statement (for recently purchased property or when applicant is a non-resident property owner).
  • A rental/lease agreement for qualifying address. Agreement must be dated and show names and signatures of both the landlord/agent and the tenant/applicant.

Note: Law requires all licensed drivers and all registered vehicle owners to notify DMV of change of address within 10 days of moving.

Permit Applications

To obtain permit applications, or any unanswered questions please call (619) 744-1710. Leave your name, qualifying address, and phone number with your request.

You must have Javascript enabled to use this form.