Each City asset-owning department maintains its own list of infrastructure needs. These needs include the construction, purchase, or major renovation of buildings, utility systems, and other facilities; in addition to land acquisition and roadway projects.
Infrastructure needs can vary in definition from a description of an existing infrastructure that is need of repair or upgrade to the need for new infrastructure where one does not currently exist. Each asset-owning department maintains a list of operations and maintenance needs to improve, repair, or upgrade its own infrastructure.
Some of these infrastructure needs are repairs to existing infrastructure, may be small in scale, and may be addressed through the asset owner?s maintenance activities. While other infrastructure needs (such as upgrades and needs for new facilities) require capital investment. These latter types are referred to as CIP projects.
In order for infrastructure needs to be considered into the CIP, they must undergo a feasibility analysis for scoping and cost estimating and are eventually ranked against the other potential CIP?s. A CIP project is not officially a CIP project until the City Council approves adding it to the Capital Improvement Program Budget
City of San Diego Needs Lists Disclaimers located below:
- Building Facilities Needs List
- Storm Drains: Corrugated Metal Pipe Needs List
- Interactive Pavement Condition Map: The map provides the Overall Condition Index for every section of roadway in the City of San Diego.
- Transportation Facilities Needs List
- Parks & Recreation Facilities Needs List
- Water Master
- Sewer Municipal
- Sewer Metropolitan (Participating Agencies)
For questions, concerns, or suggestions about a department needs list, contact:
Development Services (including Code Enforcement)
(619) 446-5000, email@example.com
Environmental Services Department
(858) 694-7000, firstname.lastname@example.org
Fire-Rescue Department (including Lifeguard)
(619) 533-4300, email@example.com
Stephanie Gilbert, Senior Management Analyst
(619) 236-5889, firstname.lastname@example.org
Park & Recreation Department
Jim Winter, Project Officer II
(619) 235-5257, email@example.com
Lt. Andra Brown
(619) 531-2675, firstname.lastname@example.org
Public Utilities Department (Water and Sewer)
(619) 525-3500, email@example.com
Public Works Department
(619) 533-4207, firstname.lastname@example.org
Transportation & Storm Water Department
(619) 527-7500, email@example.com