The Spreckels Organ Pavilion in San Diego's Balboa Park is one of the largest outdoor pipe organs in the world. It was built in 1914 for the Panama-California Exposition and contains 4,725 pipes that range in length from 7.5 inches to 32 feet. This ornate vaulted structure with embellished gables was named after John D. Spreckels and Adolph B. Spreckels, one of the wealthiest families living in San Diego at the time. The Spreckels brothers donated the organ and pavilion as a gift to the people of San Diego and the world. Since 1917, it has been tradition to have a civic organist perform for free every Sunday.
- American Association for the United Nations Granted Permission the Use of the Organ Pavilion (26 Sep 1950)
- Application of Danny Topez for Organist Position (17 October 1957)
- Authorize Preparation for Organ Pavilion in Balboa Park (02 Aug 1951)
- Communication from Addie Rettie Regarding Removal of Benches in Balboa Park (14 May 1935)
- Communication from City Manager Regarding need of Benches for Concerts in Balboa Park (25 Feb 1936)
- Deed of Gift from John D. Spreckels (01 June 1915)