Economic Development Funding Programs
The City of San Diego supports eligible local nonprofits with programs and projects that foster the City’s economic prosperity and quality of life.
Local nonprofits can apply for funding through several City programs.
- Economic Development and Tourism Support (EDTS) and Citywide Economic Development Support (CEDS) allocate Transient Occupancy Tax funds to the recipient nonprofits.
- The Small Business Enhancement Program (SBEP) supports nonprofits that facilitate small business development in two categories: Citywide and in Microdistricts.
Applications, available below, are generally available each January and then reviewed and potentially recommended and submitted as part of the annual City budget. City Council will typically consider the recommendations during budget hearings. The recommendations are finalized when the City's annual appropriation ordinance is adopted in June or July.
For more information, email us at [email protected].
New in Fiscal Year 2018
All applications must be submitted electronically via the City’s SeamlessDocs portal on or before Wednesday, March 29, 2017 by 12:00 p.m. The application plus all required attachments must be completed at the time of submission.
- FY2018 Funding Application (SeamlessDocs)
- FY2018 Funding Guidelines (PDF)
- FY2018 Funding Application FAQ (PDF)
Please note that the SeamlessDocs site is optimized for use with Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Apple Safari. Only one Login/Username per organization when using SeamlessDocs. Do not test the “Sign and Submit” or “Finalize and Submit” buttons – once submitted your application cannot be reopened. Required documents are to be saved and submitted in the order listed on the application and as one PDF document.
Application and Guidelines Workshop (March 1, 2017)