For Fiscal Year 2022, the Personnel Department:
- Received 1,495,714 hits on the Employment Opportunities website.
- Tested 2,393 Police Recruits, 632 Fire Recruits, 98 lifeguard applicants and 462 dispatcher applicants.
- Conducted 495 recruitment processes resulting in the receipt and evaluation of 35,511 applications.
- Fingerprinted and evaluated background records of 1,534 new hires.
- Conducted 322 classification studies, 45 salary studies, and completed 46 salary survey requests from other municipalities.
- Provided various City departments with 1,166 hours of temporary clerical support through the Clerical Pool Program.
- Attended 21 career fairs throughout San Diego County.