For Fiscal Year 2020, the Personnel Department:
- Received 956,703 hits on the Employment Opportunities website.
- Tested 2,843 Police Recruits, 795 Fire Recruits, 123 lifeguard applicants and 322 dispatcher applicants.
- Conducted 299 recruitment processes resulting in the receipt and evaluation of 37,089 applications.
- Fingerprinted and evaluated background records of 1,130 new hires.
- Conducted 277 classification studies, 29 salary studies, and completed 50 salary survey requests from other municipalities.
- Provided various City departments with 6,003 hours of temporary clerical support through the Clerical Pool Program.
- Attended 26 career fairs throughout San Diego County.