Did You Know?
Within the last six months of Fiscal Year 2018, the Personnel Department has:
- Received 321,976 hits on the Employment Opportunities website. Tested 1,773 police officer candidates, 95 lifeguard candidates and 445 dispatcher candidates.
- Conducted 163 recruitment processes resulting in the receipt and evaluation of 23,932 applications.
- Fingerprinted and evaluated background records of 1,183 new hires, including Park & Recreation and Library volunteers.
- Responded to over 23,200 inquiries from the public, City management, and employees.
- Conducted 129 classification and compensation studies and completed 32 salary survey request from other municipalities.
- Provided various City departments with 4,463 hours of temporary clerical support through the Clerical Pool Program.
- Attended 13 career fairs throughout San Diego County.