Request a Free Tree SD
Trees make our neighborhoods more beautiful and livable. They also keep us cool, make the environment greener, and save us money on energy costs.
To receive a FREE TREE for your parkway (the area between your sidewalk and street curb), please review the conditions of agreement and fill out the below form.
- Location of property must be within City of San Diego limits
- Resident/property owner agrees to water the tree for three years to get tree’s life started per the recommended watering schedule noted below
- The City’s horticulturist will review your parkway to determine an appropriate tree species
- Resident/property owner understands that driveways, street corners, fire hydrants and other objects may limit where tree(s) can be planted
To properly nurture your tree, please follow the recommended watering schedule:
- First Year: Water tree 2 times/week, using 5-10 gallons each watering
- Second Year: Water tree 2 times/month, using 10-15 gallons each watering
- Third Year: Water tree at least 1 time/month, using 10-15 gallons each watering
- Years After: Continue to water the tree at least once a month, and more frequently during periods of high temperatures or scarce rainfall
- The cost of watering your tree(s) will vary depending on the species and size of tree AND the cost is assumed by the resident/property owner.
*Indicates a required field