The City of San Diego has storage centers where a person experiencing homelessness can safely store their belongings while they access services, attend school or go to work.
Mental Health Treatment
Substance Use Treatment
116 S. 20th Street
San Diego, CA 92101
Monday - Friday: 7 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Saturday/Sunday: 8 a.m. - 11 a.m.
5453 Lea Street
San Diego, CA 92105
Monday - Friday: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Must be homeless as defined by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) & be willing to self-certify as homeless as part of the enrollment process.
- Must be 18 years old or older.
- Reside in the City of San Diego.
- Required to sign a Terms of Service Agreement.
- Acknowledge the Rules and Regulations of the facility.
- Must check-in at least once per week. If a client does not access their bin for 90 days, the items will be considered abandoned and discarded.
What Cannot Be Stored
Food or beverages
Alcohol, drugs, or drug paraphernalia
Hazardous, combustible, or chemical materials
Animals or living things
Items showing signs of infestation
Any illegal items, including stolen items, contraband, or any item that is not legally in the client’s possession
Shopping carts, bicycles, carts, or other wheeled devices, except privately owned shopping carts which fit in the storage container