The Special Events and Filming Department’s film registration process is quick and simple. There are no fees to register your filming project – whether it is a feature film or print photography shoot – on City public property and our hands-on, dedicated staff will assist you along the way. To start the process, thoroughly review the Filming Production Guide.
- Filming Production Registration Form
- Filming Production Registration Form – Additional Locations (if applicable)
- Good Neighbor Notification Form – Filming Impact Four Hours or More
- Good Neighbor Notification Form – Filming Impact Less Than Four Hours
- Filming Insurance Requirements – Sample Certificate and Policy Endorsement
- SDPD Movie Detail Cost Estimate Form
- SDPD Movie Detail Staffing Request Form
The City of San Diego Special Events & Filming Department recognizes that student filmmakers’ contributions today have the potential to shape the architecture of the film industry in the future. Our filming authorization process is fee-free, making it simple and affordable to host your production on City public property, while working with our hands-on staff to ensure your production is meeting, if not exceeding, the needs of the surrounding community and public safety.
Contact the Special Events & Filming Department to start the process at (619) 685-1340 or [email protected].