Located on the Eighth Floor of Central Library
|Teens (ages 12 to 21)|
|Monday||3:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.|
|Tuesday||3:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.|
|Wednesday||3:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.|
|Thursday||3:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.|
|Friday||3:30 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.|
The IDEA Lab at San Diego Public Library is a multimedia lab designed to prepare teens for 21st century job skills by exposing them to new technology.
The IDEA Lab tech team interns from the E3 Civic High School partnered with MACSD instructor Jesse Keller to produce a short video highlighting the IDEA Lab and all it has to offer.
Find us on Facebook!
- 3D Design: Blender, OpenSCAD, Sculptris, SketchUp
- Adobe: Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Premiere Pro
- Audio/Visual: Final Cut Pro X, iMovie, iPhoto, Logic Pro X, Photo Booth, Windows Movie Maker, Windows Media Player
- Autodesk: AutoCAD, Maya
- Coding: Arduino, Python, Unity
- Graphic Design: Bamboo Wacom Dock (and tablets), GIMP, Inkscape, Krita, Silhouette Studio
- A valid San Diego Public Library card
- Completed online questionnaire about what you are working on.
Policies and Procedures
- All users, please check in with IDEA Lab staff before beginning your session. New users must register by filling out an online questionnaire.
- IDEA Lab computers are intended to be used for projects that require the IDEA Lab’s specialized software. Computers for email, job searching, and other internet browsing are available throughout the library.
- Parents or guardians of patrons under 18, may accompany their children while in the IDEA Lab.
- All equipment (computers, digital pens, headphones) must be signed out with a staff member for use in the IDEA Lab (2 hours max).
- You may print up to 1 page per day in the IDEA Lab.
- Save your work to your own removable or cloud storage.
- Library staff reserves the right to ask you to discontinue working on your project in the IDEA Lab.
- Patrons are expected to comply with all library Rules of Conduct.
Contact: Gigi Terzian, [email protected]