Ned Baumer Aquatic Center
10440 Black Mountain Road
San Diego, CA 92126
Hours of Operation
Recreation Swim / Children's Pool
Mon/Wed/Fri (3/25 - 5/17) 1:30pm-3:30pm
Mon/Wed/Fri (5/20 - 6/14) 12:30pm-3:30pm
Saturday (3/23 - 6/15) 12:00pm-3:00pm
Saturday (from 3/23) 12:00pm-3:00pm
Memorial Day (5/27) 12:00pm-4:00pm
Main Pool: 25 yards long x 27 yards wide, ten lanes, 6 feet to 13 feet in depth
Main Pool: 12 yards x 25 yards, 3 to 6 feet depth, 4 to 6 feet in the middle of the pool
Children's Pool: 8 yards x 25 yards, beach entry to 18 inches depth
Spectator Area: On-deck bleachers that can accommodate 200 spectators
Showers: Indoor and Outdoor
- One-meter diving board
- Open-faced water slide for children and adults 7 years and older and 48 inches tall
- Two slides in the children's pool with water-play structures
- Starting blocks (for high school rentals only)
- All of our aquatic facilities have baby changing stations, day use lockers, heated showers, disability access (ramp or lift) and designated spectator areas.
General Information: Fees, Policies, Safety Information
*Please see Program Guide for more information on fees and organized activities
You may register online for aquatics programs at this and other City of San Diego Aquatics facilities at SDRecConnect.com.
Two important notes:
- When creating a new account, enter information for the primary parent or legal guardian first, before information for children. This establishes a "family"
- When you click "Submit" at the end of the process, the system will send you an email message with a special confirmation link. Until you've clicked the special link from the confirmation email, you will not be able to use the account!
Directions and Bus Route
Take Interstate 15 to the Carroll Canyon Road Exit and head west. Make a right onto Black Mountain Road and then right into the last driveway of Hourglass Park (look for softball fields). The complex will be on the right side. Do not park in the Miramar College parking lots.
The pool is accessible by bus via SDMTS (link is external) routes 20, 31, 210, 964 & 990.
For general Park & Recreation Department information, see the Frequently Asked Questions or click the Ask Parks button below.