What Volunteers do
Volunteers perform a variety of duties including:
- Contributing to the beautification of a community, neighborhood, regional or an open space park.
- Helping to restore a native environment, improve wildlife habitat and plant native plant materials.
- Assisting people with disabilities so they can take part in recreational activities and special events such as wheelchair Over the Line, tennis, dances and camps.
- Escorting seniors on day trips and serving refreshments at monthly dances
- Helping educate the public by leading historical, interpretive, and educational tours of parks and preserves.
- Assisting in offices with such tasks as answering phones, arranging files and greeting visitors.
- Providing access to natural areas so the public can enjoy the parks, preserves and canyons.
- Improving the life of a child through recreation!
Check our volunteer program opportunities web page for more information.