Overview and Informational Updates
The world-famous South Course at Torrey Pines will be undergoing a number of large-scale infrastructure improvements in an effort to enhance course conditions and create a better playing environment. Residents and visitors playing the South Course during this period will be among the first to experience these exciting changes as they occur in real time. Updates, photos and progress for the project will be posted on this page as well as Torrey Pines social media outlets.
Visit this page, or follow our social media pages for regular updates.
The South Course has not had any significant improvements since 2002, and this critical project will modernize the course for all players for years to come. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we complete this maintenance as quickly as possible to improve overall course conditions and ultimately the golf experience.
Scope of Work
Work began in February, and hole closures will begin Monday, Feb. 18, and will continue throughout August, affecting play as late as September.
During construction, the following work will be completed:
- Installing new, wall-to-wall irrigation to increase efficiency and effectiveness of watering
- Fairways and bunkers will be strategically shifted on hole No.'s 4, 9, 10, 12 and 17
- Regrassing collars and approaches on all holes
- Leveling tees
- Reshaping and installing new drainage in all bunkers
Play During Hole Closures
For all hole closures and altered holes (No.'s 6 & 13), please post scores of net par. This will be the par for the hole, plus your handicap strokes.
One holes 6 and 13, players may choose to play either the four temporary holes (two shortened holes apiece) or the hole in its entirety. Players may not play both options.
- A minimum of two holes will be closed at any given time, beginning late February 2019 into September 2019, with a minimum of two temporary greens utilized in order to provide an 18-hole experience throughout the duration of the project.
- In an effort to offset this inconvenience and the disruptive conditions, the following accommodations will take effect (PLEASE NOTE, THESE DO NOT APPLY TO GROUP / TOURNAMENT CONTRACTS):
- Non-Resident green fees will be discounted $20
- Non-Residents will receive a $12 discount off twilight rates
- All spectators must ride
For more information, including real-time updates, visit us on our social media platforms:
Facebook |Twitter| Instagram